DESCRIPTION: A technical seminar focusing on the fundamentals of microgrids. We will take a close look at circuit and control theories applied to both dc and ac microgrids. We will examine the stability and power quality issues of microgrids, and discuss analysis and simulation tools for local and system control design.
Attendees will learn about:
- Sharing of Power Among Multiple Sources Connected in Parallel
- Pros and Cons of Droop Control vs. Master-Slave Control
- Differences between DC and AC Microgrid Control
- Microgrid Stability and Power Quality Issues
- Microgrid Control Development Tools